Saturday, August 16, 2008

> A Message from Ashok Bhatt

Religion can be a very powerful tool, and it can change your outlook on life. It did so for me, and I can firmly say today that I feel very fortunate to be a Hindu. It gave me the opportunity to think from a deep philosophical perspective, and truly understand the nature of our universe. Unlike some, I admired many of Hinduism’s traditions, appreciated the emphasis on conquering one’s ego, of submitting to God with full submission. And so, through understanding a seemingly outdated religion, patience and prayer, God tamed my rebellious heart and I opened up to His service. By genuinely understanding my own religion I started to notice changes in my attitude, in my behaviour, and my outlook on life. In retrospect, there were so many fortunate coincidences that occurred to me, and somehow I knew deep down it could not all just be chance. So I thought why not share what I have learned and take all the beautiful sites available and consolidate them all so that people can easily access them for their own benefit. I hope that I can help someone else’s Spiritual Journey the way that these people and these sites have helped me. Vedic philosophy is extremely divine and it can take you very deep. I strongly believe that all of us can find salvation in this lifetime, and it is possible for anyone to get liberated (and attain Moksha) just by understanding their true self.

It is hard for many people to understand the basic Vedic logic that is – all living beings are equally sons and daughters of god. And I don’t only mean people of different races, but also animals, plants, insects, and everything that is alive. Think of it like this, you and your pet dog both have a soul. Your pet dog has a different body, and different mental capabilities, but your existence on this planet means that you were both created by the same higher being. The same goes for all other species on Earth. What we humans need to realize is that only in the human body do we get intellectual capabilities. This gives us a greater power to think above all other beings on this planet. It allows us to imagine, to make connections, and more importantly it allows us to separate our feelings from the truth so we can discriminate between right and wrong. An animal can decide what is right and wrong based on its senses (taste, touch, smell, feel, etc.), but humans have been given the gift of logic, so we can put those animal instincts aside and take the ‘higher-route’ in making the right choices. I've noticed something very peculiar about people that I have encountered in my life. A lot of the times, in fact almost all of the time, people know what is right and what is wrong. Yet so many times they will do the wrong thing, whether it be because they are stressed or lazy or whatever. Religion helps us understand ourselves better, and it helps humans reach their full potential.

In the 21st century it is extremely hard to diverge from the material world, but it is in fact true that we can never find happiness from external forces. We can only find temporary gratification with material purchases, because true happiness can only be found on the inside. Religion brings us closer to God – and that gives us hope in times of despair, it gives us light in times of darkness, and it helps us to look inside and find happiness. So my dear brothers and sisters: please go a little deeper in search for your own conviction. I guarantee you it will change your life in a positive way. The information and links on this website might just help you find the wisdom and motivation you need to become a better human being.

No comments: